Serving St. Louis, Jefferson and St. Charles Counties
One of the most destructive animal pests that we deal with is the mole. Moles are eating machines that are designed to eat hundreds of worms and can dig tunnels at amazing speeds.
Moles eat earthworms primarily and also insect larvae, and in doing so, do considerable damage to lawns. The damage is usually tunnels or mounds in your lawn that can be unsightly, disturb root systems, and cause grass or other landscaping to die.
Moles are about the size of rat (about 6 to 8 inches long) and can weigh 3 to 6 ounces. Every year, a mole can have a litter of two to six young any time from mid-April through May.
Most homeowners are confused by conflicting advice on mole control. You may think every rumor, home remedy or control method is worth trying. A common example is when homeowners try to control lawn grubs to reduce mole activity. This is usually unsuccessful because moles primarily eat earthworms. Other home remedies that have proven unsuccessful include; chewing gum, moth balls, gasoline, water hoses, poison peanuts, vibrating yard stakes, and many others too numerous to count.
Our primary method of mole control is accomplished with a thorough trapping and baiting program. We offer a simple mole control service program where we will inspect your yard every other month spring to fall, trapping or treating for the moles on each service visit. Our guarantee is simple, should you see any mole activity in your yard give us a call and we will do whatever it takes to get rid of the moles at no additional charge.
Here is What You Can Expect From our Mole Control Service:
- When you call our office you will speak with someone who know what they are talking about. In fact they have probably been out to numerous homes catching moles.
- We will upon starting your yearly service, meet with you to survey the yard, and discuss our plan of attack.
- We will place out as many traps as are needed to control the moles in your yard.
- We will come back in a day or two to check these traps and remove any caught moles. We will then look for any signs of new activity and bait these runs to eliminate any remaining moles.
- After the initial service we will come back every other month spring to fall to inspect your yard, treat for any new mole activity and press down any inactive mole runs.
- Should another mole decide to invade your yard before we return for our next visit, just give us a call and we will come out free of charge.
If you are ready to stop battling the moles yourself, give us an opportunity to show you what a professional mole control company can do. Your yard will look great and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it.