Fun Facts: Mysterious Mouse
Mice and rodents will cozy up this winter inside 21 million homes in the United States alone. Yikes! Here are some there “fun” facts about these unwanted visitors.
- Most rodents will enter sometime between October and February.
- They are in search of warmth, food and water. (Although, truth be told, who isn’t constantly in search of this each winter? #Busted)
- Mice eat 15-20 times EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! (How do they stay so tiny? I digress…)
- Mice are little athletes! They are excellent climbers and swimmers…and can even jump one foot high into the air! (Olympics2020?)
- In the wild, mice and rodents have many predators which causes their lifespan to average about 5 months. (In a no-foxes, n0-cats and no-snakes lab environment, they can live up to 2 years.)
- Consider yourself warned: This one is gonna get gross. Mice produce 40-100 droppings every single day AND are constantly giving off micr0-droplets of urine. (Hey, don’t say I never warned you!)
- A female mouse can birth up to a dozen babies every 3 months. Let’s do the math here — that’s as many as 150 babies in a single year!
Most importantly, did you know Blue Chip offers a rodent control program that will keep mice and other rodents out of your house year-round? Find more info on it here:
Latest posts by Blue Chip Pest Services (see all)
Back to Blog
Fun Facts: Mysterious Mouse Pest Control
Serving St. Louis | Chesterfield | Ballwin | St. Charles | Rock Hill
Missouri St. Louis | Chesterfield | Ballwin | St. Charles | Rock Hill | Warrenton | Wentzville
Counties Served in Missouri St. Louis County | St Charles County | Jefferson County