It’s Squirrel SeasonApril 26, 2016
It’s time for the Squirrels!
Are you seeing or hearing signs of squirrels in your home this season? Maybe you haven’t yet, or spotted any entry points, but you may be surprised to learn that this is the time of year that mother squirrels give birth to their young—often right under your nose.
Squirrel families can wreck havoc on your home. Although the young is born hairless and with their eyes closed—requiring 10 weeks before they will venture out of the nest—soon enough they’ll be a nuisance.
- Noisy sounds
- Signs of wood and wire damage from chewing
- Droppings and odor
- Contamination of your home by wildlife that spreads diseases
How Blue Chip can help
Your first step if you suspect you have squirrels living in your home is to contact a wild animal control company who offers pest control—such as Blue Chip. We will:
- Locate the squirrels (chances are they are inaccessible)
- Trap and move the mother and offspring out of your home. This may take time (weeks) to remove the young if they are not old enough to come out on their own.
- Repair your home so that other animals do not move in.
A full service nuisance animal removal company like Blue Chip can provide professional repairs and all of your other removal services.
Remember—prevention is the best strategy. Call Blue Chip today to have a professional pest control expert take a look at ways to prevent an infestation in your home.